Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Twilight Coma

A horrible cold - complete with fever - that kept me out of class and work for two days, followed by a week of trying to play catch-up for those two days, followed by two weekends of visitors back-to-back and I'm exhausted and out of hyphens. 

This week has been Reading Week here at ol' Eden Seminary and I should have been doing just that... and writing too. But instead of working my butt off trying to catch up and get ahead, I have been in what I like to call the Twilight Coma. Pathetic? A little. Ok, a lot.

I read the Twilight books over Christmas break and completely surprised myself by loving them. But seriously, what's not to love? A gorgeous vampire who is good to his core and just so happens to be head over heels in love with a very ordinary girl who I can completely identify with (at times). Not to mention this girl's best friend who is a werewolf who loves her too. I mean, it's just too much. It's steamy, sweet, and just like Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia, it takes me into an impossible world that I really enjoy getting lost in from time to time. So this week I've been sleeping and re-reading the Twilight books. This weekend will be hectic as I try to finish up papers and read books that were assigned to me, but I'm enjoying being lazy for a little bit and I don't see anything wrong with that.

So there. :-P

3 comments:

amor said...

I approve, Kassie. :) I was also surprised when I really enjoyed the books. I swore that I wouldn't get sucked into the craze, but unfortunately, I love them. Hehe.

Sara Wilcox said...

I loved my Twilight coma! I was sad when it finally ended, but it was good for me to get out of it so I could, you know, be a functional part of society again.

I also approve:) Now we have the movie that we can watch over and over again....which I have:) Sometimes I just skip to when she walks into the woods when she has figured it all out.

I hope you are feeling better!!

Rev. Suzi Goldt said...

I'm so glad that I have always been turned off by the idea of vampires. The last thing I need is a Vampire coma. I know how bad my Harry Potter comas can be.

Which reminds me -- I haven't been with Harry for over a year..hmmmmm....