Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why Beer is Better than Religion

Dr. Marcus Borg, one of the most prominent scholars of Jesus and the early church today, read this to us at my school's Spring Convocation today and I think it is one of the most amazing things I've ever heard.

Why Beer is Better Than Religion:

10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.

9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.

8. Beer has never caused a major war.

7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.

6. When you have a Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.

5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured over his brand of Beer.

4. You don't have to wait 2000+ years for a second Beer.

3. There are laws saying Beer labels can't lie to you.

2. You can prove you have a Beer.

1. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.


Ok, I'll admit that this is a lousy blog update but I don't have time for much else right now.

2 comments:

amor said...

Haha! That's hilarious!

The Pain of Blossoming said...

Here's a toast to beer being better than religion: Cheers!! I think I'm going to have to agree with Dr. Borg on this one. :) lol