Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Count Your Blessings

After one of the most relaxing and enjoyable weekends I have experienced yet this semester, I've been thinking about the many (MANY!) blessings in my life. I think I too often get caught up with the unnecessary stressors in my life and therefore have no time to enjoy the good things. So I'm going to make a list of things that bring me joy and you, my two (?) readers, need to hold me to spending more time on these things and less time worrying.

-Doing nothing with my friends. Just sitting, watching TV, exploring new stores, going to the park, getting a cocktail or coffee, anything like that.
-Curling up with a good book that is not required for my classes.
-Coloring in coloring books. Seriously, I bought a Sesame Street one the other day and it's the most relaxing thing ever. Just stay in the lines and pick any color you want. I could spend hours with my crayons and coloring books and be supremely happy.
-Sending (and receiving) letters. Old-fashioned correspondence, people! It's great. Let's rediscover the letter.

That's just a short list of things I should do more of. There's more, but emails for work are calling my name.

And on a side note: After catching up a little with an old and very dear friend this weekend, I realized just how bad I am at keeping in contact with my loved ones. So I am going to work on it.

1 comment:

The Pain of Blossoming said...

You can bump your number of readers up by one now. I found you! Anyway...I completely understand. I so often get caught up in the craziness of life that I forget just how many good things I do have. And I love everything on your list!