Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chillaxing

I have decided that sleeping 12 hours in my bed at my parent's house is the best medicine for the anxiety and stress I've been feeling lately.

Facing future decisions that I don't feel equipped to make, mountains of homework that I don't have enough time to do, and worrying about Mom has made it difficult to relax. But I think I overcame that battle in the last 18 hours I've been home. Instead of finishing my paper that I promised my favorite professor I'd finish last night and give to him on Monday (it was due Friday by 5:00, but he is a lovely man and gave me an extension with no penalty), I watched Night at the Museum with my parents. Instead of snuggling up with Walden (60 pages due by Monday night) I got caught up with one of my favorite TV shows online. So I might need to spend some time this afternoon working on all of those things, but I felt truly relaxed last night. And after sleeping 12 hours, I feel great.

I love a weekend with no plans. I need to do this more often.

No comments: