Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Recent Events

Fall break was much too short. I went home for about 24 hours, where my mom stuffed me full with pot roast and took me shopping. I love shopping with my mom, she's a lot of fun. I also finished Dr. Hornsby's book which was just an awesome read, it was like I got an extra class with her!

Then I came back to school and celebrated my best friend Mary's birthday. One of our friends got her (actually it was really a gift for himself) a grill for our front porch. I don't know if its legal or not for us to have one, but we made s'mores on it Friday night! It was amazing.
Sunday night Mary and I created art for our house:




This is the piece I created. I call it "America: A Remix" because it uses red, white, & blue. It really isn't intended to be patriotic though - just pretty.


This is the piece that Mary and I created together. As you can see, we were inspired by Jackson Pollock. She calls it "Collaboration" while I call it "Come Together Right Now, Over Me." (I can't stop listening to the Across the Universe soundtrack.)
So that was my break.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always get pissed when I see your easel and shit in the basement. Perhaps now you see why. You should keep painting! I love it!

Unknown said...

PS-- I love the flow of the first three. The second one is really good, too, but I think the fact that three belong together makes them all the more interesting :)